2022 Spring Program Registration
At First Tee – West Michigan, we are building game changers. Our spring golf programming is designed for players of all ages and skill levels, with classes meeting once a week for six weeks.
We aim to help kids become better versions of themselves while strengthening the character of our community. Teaching life lessons and leadership skills, sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 7 to 17 regardless of background or previous experience. Through golf and core values, participants will learn life skills such as resolving conflicts, setting goals, and planning for the future. Participants progress through different levels by demonstrating life skills and golf skills as well as passing assessments. Classes are as follows:
- PLAYer: Entry level into the First Tee certification program regardless of age or golf skill level. Coaches group participants by age and ability to introduce the game of golf while learning the First Tee Code of Conduct and the Nine Core Values, appreciating the rules and etiquette of the sport, and developing golf skills. Minimum age 7.
- Par: Continued emphasis on golf skills, rules of play, interpersonal skills and self-management skills on and off the course. Minimum age 9 and PLAYer certified.
- Birdie: Continued emphasis on golf skills, etiquette, and goal setting on and off the course. Minimum age 11 and Par and certified.
- Eagle: Building on all golf skills and focus on resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning. Minimum age 13 and Birdie certified.
- Ace: The highest level of First Tee certification and focus on education, career, and giving back to the community. Minimum age 14 and Eagle certified.
We offer our spring 2022 programs to our four communities across West Michigan. Select your closest community below to see our schedule and register your kid or teen!