NEW Scholarship Registration Instructions
This year we have a new registration process for our scholarship students. Scholarships, also called financial aid, will be awarded to cover the full price of class for any students that are on free/reduced price lunch at school. Please follow the instructions below to apply.
**Please note that financial aid will be awarded to ALL students that apply! This process is just a formaility through our new registration site.**
Step by Step Instructions on How to Register for Financial Aid
This video tutorial will walk you through the process. Or follow the steps below:
- After looking at the programming schedule on our website click the register here button below
- Once redirected to the registration page click on Login in the top right corner
- Create a new account (you will need to do this if you have not registered for a 2023 class, if you signed up for a spring or summer class please login to the account you created then)
- You should be redirected to the First Tee – West Michigan class listings after creating your account
- Find the class you would like to register your student(s) for and click register
- Click Add New Participant – and fill in your student’s information
- Select your participant from the drop down list
- Add to cart
- Click on your cart in the upper right corner
- Click checkout- (your cart will show that you owe $80, you will NOT have to pay this!)
- Fill out the info in the Primary Contact, Participant, Emergency Contact sections
- Look over and sign the waivers
- The last section is labeled Financial Aid – Please answer Yes to the question asking if you would like to apply
- This will prompt one more question to be asked. Once answered you select confirm.
- Submit Financial Aid Request:
This step will send a request to First Tee staff to approve your request. Anyone who applies for financial aid will be approved for the full price of the class. Once you submit a request your student(s) have a reserved spot in the class you selected. Once approved by First Tee staff they will be officially registered. You will then get 2 emails, 1 confirming that your financial aid has been approved and another from Taylour Boer, First Tee Program Director, confirming what class your student(s) have been registered for. We will send out an additional email about a week prior to the start of class with more information.